Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Amazing!

What an amazing God!  He healed me, miraculously!!  Just in case you don't believe it, let me tell you what happened.  When I had surgery, the doctor was impressed that when she came to see me in the hospital the next day, that I was sitting up in a chair (apparently that was a milestone).  She said herself, "Amazing!"  Then, when I went home, the nurse said to gradually increase my walking a little at a time.  Well, the first couple of weeks I was walking around the neighborhood with my friends, and my family.  When I went for my 2 week follow-up, the nurse said, "Now I want you to try to walk even further than you have been since your surgery.  Try to even go to your mailbox."  I looked at her incredulously, like, Are you kidding?  I didn't tell her I had been walking around the neighborhood, I didn't want to get in trouble!! LOL
Anyway, I was supposed to wear my brace for 12 weeks.  At 8 weeks, I stopped wearing it b/c it didn't fit, and it hurt more to wear it than it did to not wear it.  I still refrained from bending, lifting, and twisting.  The last couple of weeks, I have done a few exercises that I learned in physical therapy, and have weaned off of pain pills.  For my 12 week follow up, the MD said, "Ok, now it's time to stop wearing your brace.  You need to start doing some simple exercises, and you may be a little sore for a few weeks.  You'll have to gradually get used to not wearing the brace over the course of 2 weeks.  Your X-Rays look wonderful, I couldn't be more pleased with the results!  You even have some fuzzy-looking bone growth beginning, which usually doesn't show up until 6 months."  Then I told her I had stopped wearing my brace, and had started some exercises already, and had felt some soreness.  How amazing!!  How did I know to do this?  The L-rd knew, that's for sure, He is the Blessed Controller of All Things!!!  I told you He is!!!  It's a miracle!!  And the great thing is, that now I can return to NORMAL ACTIVITY!!!!  How awesome!  That means dancing, working, cleaning, praying on my knees, wearing love glasses-LOL =) .   Our God really is an awesome GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment